PCB to ask ICC to manage development of T20 leagues – SUCH TV



The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) mentioned on Saturday that it has requested the Worldwide Cricket Council (ICC) to plot a method to regulate the expansion of profitable Twenty20 leagues with rising considerations about its influence on the game’s calendar.

South Africa this week pulled out of a three-match bilateral one-day collection in Australia in January because it clashes with their new home T20 competitors.

The subsequent cycle of the Future Excursions Programme (FTP), which lays down which nationwide sides play the place and when, is ready to be confirmed later this month on the annual convention of the ICC, the worldwide governing physique, in Birmingham.

Franchise cricket is more likely to dominate the busy worldwide calendar, which additionally contains ICC occasions just like the World Cups in all codecs.

“The expansion of franchise cricket is impacting the already-crammed worldwide cricket calendar,” PCB chief government Faisal Hasnain mentioned in an announcement. “The PCB is anxious about this improvement and needs the ICC to formulate a method on this subject.

“We have now despatched a proposal to the ICC, which they’ve added to their assembly agenda. Two different boards have additionally conveyed their apprehensions to the ICC on this matter and urged the ICC to create a working group to debate on the growth of franchise-based T20 leagues.”

The ICC has already accepted the brand new actuality, with chairman Greg Barclay saying final month “there’s not quite a bit we will do” about T20 leagues dominating the calendar.

The highly effective Indian cricket board is negotiating an prolonged 10-week window for its fashionable Indian Premier League having offered the annual T20 event’s 2023-2027 media rights for a staggering $6.2 billion final month. Learn full story

“Finalising the FTP is essential for us,” mentioned Hasnain, with Pakistan solely beginning to host worldwide cricket matches lately after a protracted hiatus resulting from safety considerations.

“This can give us certainty about which groups shall be visiting us and which international locations we shall be touring. 80% of the FTP has already been agreed upon and the remaining 20% shall be accomplished within the upcoming assembly.”



Read More

Leave a Comment